Study MBBS in China
Russia and China are the most searched destinations for students tracking the MBBS course. Being rich in culture, prominent educational tradition, China has set the benchmark as one of the oldest civilization on the surface of the earth.
Chinese Medical Universities offer high-quality education with affordable fees to international students.
For perceiving low-cost Medical education, the number of overseas students comes to China. There is no language restriction for Indian students. English is the highly-taught language in China. Generally, the duration of MBBS in China is of 5 or 6 years.
Students are eligible to apply for NMC Screening Test (FMGE), USMLE as well as PLAB exams, after Completing the MBBS in China. A number of Indian and International students have done their MBBS in China and are pursuing a Medical career in their respective country.
There is a global exposure for Indian students after completing MBBS in China.
In recent years, due to the advanced technology for providing cost-effective features in the case of medicine, China has become one of the spectacular countries from all over the world.
List of Medical Universities in China
- Xi’an Jiaotong University
- Xinjiang Medical University
- Ningxia Medical University
- Yangzhou University
- Qiqihar Medical University
- Jilin University
- Nanjing Medical University
- Dalian Medical University
- Wuhan Medical University
- Jinan Medical University
- Tianjin Medical University
MBBS in China – Quick Highlights
Intake for MBBS Course
50% in PCB for General Category
Yes, it is compulsory
IELTS & TOEFL
Minimum Tuition Fee
$ 3,000 USD/Year
Maximum Tuition Fee
$ 3,000 USD/Year
Cost of Living in China
$ 150 USD/Month
5+1 Year Internship
Medium of Education
NMC & WHO accredited
Top Medical University
Why Study MBBS in China?
- Due to the minimum eligibility criteria, it is easy to take admission to MBBS course.
- No entrance test is required for pursuing an MBBS education in China.
- MBBS in China is accepted all over the world.
- A number of employment opportunities are available for Indian as well as International students.
- International exposure is provided to students as many nationalities gather in China together apart from just Chinese or Indians.
- Well-equipped laboratories, spacious library and well-developed classrooms with the state of the art facilities which enable a healthy study environment to students.
- To enhance quality medical education, the NMC Approved universities in China promote international educational aspects.
- As most of the Chinese medical universities provide scholarships, MBBS in China is economical.
- Separate hostel facilities are provided to students.
- Top-ranked universities in China provide Sponsored Scholarships to students.
- Strong economy & safety for Indian Students.
- The MBBS in China is quite affordable. The fees for MBBS courses in China starts at 5 lacs per annum.
MBBS in China Fee Structure
The fee structure for China’s top medical universities are as follows :
Name of the Universities
Tuition Fees (For 6 years)
Hostel Fees (For 6 years)
Annual Fees (For 6 years)
Xi’an Jiaotong University
Xinjiang Medical University
Ningxia Medical University
Qiqihar Medical University
Nanjing Medical University
Dalian Medical University
Wuhan Medical University
Jinan Medical University
Tianjin Medical University
Note : All the amounts mentioned above are supposed to change as per the rate of currency and university policies. For calculation purpose 1$ = Rs. 70.
MBBS in China – Course Duration
- To practice as a successful doctor, 5 years of classroom training is necessary wherein students will get all the required knowledge and thus the Chinese medical schools are structured to provide 5 years of classroom training.
- Practical training is also provided to students hand in hand.
- Students are then enrolled for1 year of apprenticeship after successful completion of classroom training which will focus only on practical and hospital training where in students will get a chance to deal with patients in real time, to handle surgeries, operations etc.
- Students can also skip the internship in China and do the same in India. But the NMC screening test is necessary in India.
- Thus, the total duration of the MBBS course in China is 6 years.
Admission Process : For Studying MBBS in China
Seeking for an MBBS in abroad? You can connect with “Select Your University” for all kind of information related to the admission process.
- Step 1 : To get admission for MBBS course, the candidate should produce original documents of 10+2 standard along with attested copies of mark sheet and photographs.
- Step 2 : After the counseling process, eligible candidate will get an invitation letter.
- Step 3 : The candidate can apply for a student visa, after getting an invitation letter.
- Step 4 : The candidates have to submit a copy of documents to the Chinese Embassy for getting a traveling visa.
- Step 5 : The candidate will have to pay the tuition fee at the time of admission process.
- Step 6 : The candidate can move to China to sustain a career in Medical field, after completion of the process as mentioned above.
MBBS in China – Eligibility Criteria
Here is a standard eligibility criteria for taking admission for MBBS course in the Medical Univerities of China:
- Minimum age of the candidate must be 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of the admission process.
- The candidate must have 50% aggregate marks in PCB for the general cast and 40% for reserved category students.
- The candidate should have a valid NEET card showing the qualified NEET score.
- The candidate should be an Indian national.
Documents Required : For Student Visa Process
- 10th Certificate + Mark sheet
- 12th Certificate + Mark sheet
- Passport with minimum 18 months validity.
- Birth Certificate in English
- Photos – 10
- Official Invitation letter from the respective Medical University
- Authorized artifacts as approved by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents by the respective Embassy.
- Visa fees
- Bank Slip of University 1st year Tuition fee payment
- HIV Test Reports
Educational Standard in China
High-quality standard education is provided by the Ministry of Education in China.
Here are some facts about Education in China :
- The Chinese Government has approved around 49 Medical Colleges in China.
- About 10,000 students visit China to study the course of Medicine.
- In the year 1993, China had 1,070 full-time institutions of higher learning.
- China’s Universities fall under the Ministry of Central Government, autonomous regions, Ministry of Education etc.
- The first Institute established in China was the China Medical University.
Affiliated Universities in China
Institutes in China are affiliated for acquiring quality education from all continents, to promote Medical Education nationally and internationally:
- National Tsing Hua University
- National Chung Hsing University
- National Central University
- Kaohsiung Medical University
- Taipei Medical University
- Tunghai University
- Asia University
MBBS Courses Offered in China
- The courses like General Medicine, Clinical Medicine are provided to Undergraduate students.
- The candidate can pursue a master degree in a particular specialized field, after completion of course.
- There are 5 other courses prescribed by CMU in the Chinese language, instead of this.
Detailed Course Syllabus for MBBS in China
Here you can refer a syllabus of medicine in Bulgaria as per each semester :
- The eastern part of Asia is occupied with China with a swiftly developing economy.
- China is officially termed as People’s Republic of China and the country has world’s largest population.
- China experiences different types of climates at different parts of the country because of the large geographical size.
- The Population of China is about 1.420 billion. China has a landscape with lakes, rivers, grassland, desert, and 14500 km of coastline.
- China has shared its border with India, Nepal, Bhutan. Beijing is the Capital of China. Shanghai is well-known for the financial and business sector and it is the largest city in China.
- The Chinese people are very well cultured and hospitable towards foreigners, as China has a great historical background.
In case of emergency, Helpline Number in China
- Fire Department -119
- Ambulance -120
- Private Ambulance – 999
- Traffic Police Telephone – 122
- Directory Consumer Protection -114
- Consumer Protection -12315
Annual Holidays in China
- Qingming festival
- Chinese New Year or spring festival
- Dragon boat festival
- Labor Day or May Day
- Mid-autumn day
- National day
Food & Accommodation Facilities
- Chinese cuisine provides a mixture of local as well as cultural foods for international students.
- A low-cost quality meal is provided to the students by the College and University campus. The food costs around 4 to 8 USD.
- For foreign students, the lifestyle in China is quite affordable.
- China is almost less expensive, compared to most of the European countries.
- The weather in China is a mixture of continental monsoon climate, cold winters, and hot summers in general.
- The weather in China is different for different temperature zones, as China has diverse landforms.
- In China, the Tropical zone region cannot experience many cold days and the rainy season is strong in Hainan Province.
Edumirchi.com has tried to be accurate on the information provided on this website. This information has been produced and processed from sources believed to be reliable. Edumirchi.com assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy and timeliness – for any queries click here