Study Law abroad – With the planet turning into a worldwide village, student mobility is becoming a term of common parlance. That being said, however the mobility is more towards the western destinations, be it the united kingdom , Germany, Canada and therefore the USA. Speaking of law, “Study law abroad” is additionally catching the imagination of Indian students, who so far typically left Indian shores to review disciplines like management, STEM courses, medicine and engineering. Foreign universities like Harvard and Cambridge, supported by cutting-edge technology, top-rate teachers and international exposure have changed the equation and are attracting bright Indian minds to review law abroad. during this article we take an in depth check out the scope of law study abroad programs, application process, and other related things in order that the candidate can make an informed career choice.
Popular law programs that students can study abroad :
1. Juris Doctorate (J.D.) – it’s a three-year program offered by countries just like the USA. Candidates must note that unlike India, the USA doesn’t offer a 3-year LLB program.
2. LLB (Bachelor of law) – Countries just like the UK offer the LLB program. That being said it’s going to be noted that the LLB program in Cambridge, UK, primarily deals with English law. So, when picking a LLB program, the candidate must make certain what they’re stepping into . for instance , Cambridge isn’t the proper place if the candidate wants to review Indian law. EU law and law of nations , however, are taught within the school of law .
3. LLM – This degree is more frequently pursued by international applicants.
What are the objectives of studying law abroad?
1. To develop skills demanded by employers
2. Study during a cosmopolitan environment
3. Diverse options to settle on from
4. enjoy better Industry-academic linkages
5. International exposure
6. Access to world-class research opportunities
Here are some more examples why students may go abroad to review law :
1. Compulsory modules: within the UK, for instance , students are taught seven compulsory modules covering areas like jurisprudence and legal code , which act as foundations for more advanced legal studies.
2. Specialist modules: the scholar in many cases has the choice to feature specialisations to their course, which can be mentioned as specialist or individual modules. Areas of specialisations include human rights, family law, terrorism, and environment.
3. Debate and argument: Gain keener perspectives on any degree.
Admission Requirements for studying law abroad :
1. Academic qualification: The candidate must have passed qualifying exam scoring minimum marks; for instance
2. English Proficiency: The candidate must have taken English proficiency tests like IELTS (Academic) or TOEFL. Please note that the minimum scores in these tests may vary counting on the institute the candidate is applying to. within the tables below candidates can find the wants for admission at Cambridge University .
Language Proficiency Requirement ( University of Cambridge, UK) for LLM program