Studying MBBS in the Philippines
Here are some top MBBS colleges in Philippines that Indian students can consider:
- University of Santo Tomas – Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
- Ateneo de Manila University – School of Medicine and Public Health
- University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center
- Far Eastern University – Dr. Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation
- Cebu Doctors’ University College of Medicine
- University of Perpetual Help – Medical Universities in the Philippines
- De La Salle Medical and Health Sciences Institute – College of Medicine
- Our Lady of Fatima University – College of Medicine
- Angeles University Foundation – School of Medicine
- Davao Medical School Foundation
- Saint Louis University – School of Medicine
- Lycium North Western University – Medical College
It’s important to note that Indian students must meet certain eligibility criteria and follow the admission process of each college. They must also obtain the necessary certifications and clearances from the appropriate government agencies. It’s recommended to seek guidance from a reliable study abroad consultant for a smooth and hassle-free application process.
Here are some key points to consider if you’re thinking about pursuing MBBS in the Philippines:
- Eligibility: Indian students must have completed their 10+2 education with at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. They must also have a valid NEET score.
- Admission Process: Students can apply directly to the universities or through a consultant. The admission process generally includes submitting an application form, transcripts, and other necessary documents. Indian students can apply to MBBS programs directly to the universities in the Philippines. Some universities also accept applications through authorized representatives or agents in India.
- Duration: The MBBS course in the Philippines generally takes 5.5 years to complete, which includes 1 year of pre-medical and 4 years of medical education. The duration of the MBBS program in the Philippines is five years, which includes a one-year clinical internship.
- Cost: The cost of studying MBBS in the Philippines is relatively lower than other countries. The tuition fee varies from university to university and ranges from $2,500 to $5,000 per year. The cost of pursuing MBBS in the Philippines is comparatively lower than many other countries. However, the total cost of the program, including tuition fees, accommodation, and living expenses, can range from INR 20-30 lakhs.
- Language: English is the medium of instruction in most medical universities in the Philippines, making it easier for Indian students to follow the curriculum.
- Weather conditions: It is important to be aware of the weather conditions in the country to help you plan and prepare for your stay. Weather condition is similar to India. The average temperature in the Philippines is around a temperature range between 20 – 35 degrees. However, temperatures can range from as low as 20°C (68°F) in the highlands to as high as 38°C (100°F) in some urban areas during the hottest months of the year.
Overall, pursuing MBBS in the Philippines can be a good option for Indian students who are looking for quality medical education at an affordable cost.
Studying MBBS colleges in the Philippines for Indian students is a good option for students as low-cost medical colleges are available. Take consultation from our experts of Edumirchi Consultancy to know the Philippines MBBS fee structure as well as the benefits.