Bachelor of Engineering has been abbreviated as B.E, this is 4 years course spread in semester. The Bachelor of Engineering is the discipline, art, and profession that applies scientific theory to design, develop, and analyze technological solutions. Engineers are the one who shape the future of any country; Engineering is about building infrastructure, engineers are known to build technology, bridges, medicines, and all sorts of things.
Mechanical engineering is a stream of engineering technology that applies the principles of engineering and physics. Mechanical Engineering deals with designing and manufacturing of mechanical systems. Various disciplines incorporate mechanical engineering technologies. Stream or technologies such as automobile, aeronautical, space and various technological domains use mechanical engineering principles. Mechanical engineering includes its various divisions such as kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science, structural analysis, and electricity and much more. Mechanical engineering has different sub divisions such as:
Mechatronics: is used for robotic and likewise technologies since both electronics and mechanical engineering principles are applied here.
Aerospace: Aerospace is close relative of mechanical engineering. It is a subdivision of mechanical engineering and is based on mechanical engineering principles.
Biomechatronics: Uses mechanical engineering principles in technological domains like bio-physics, biochemistry and medical equipments which use life science, mechanical and electronics.
Why should I do B.E in Mechanical Engineering?
To Engineer mean makes things happen, its about designing and producing the useful and product and service to improve the way people live life. Engineering helps students to develop their analytical, designing skills. Its the practical application of science, math and art. Engineers are considered as problem solvers, the engineering and technology improves the way we communicate, work, travel, stay healthy, and entertain.
Engineering offers an exciting career, they achieve great things. The world as we see today is because of some of the great engineers. Engineering offer an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering, an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data. Ability to design a system, component, or process to met desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, sxocial, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability. Nurture multidisciplinary teams, an ability to indentify, formulate and solving engineering problems. To communicate professionally with utmost ethical responsibilities and it helps to imbibe ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
Bachelor of Engineering Mechanical Engineering Syllabus: Note this is not the exhaustive list. The syllabus sometimes may vary depending upon the college and university).
- Calculus and Solid Geometry
- Advance Calculus and Complex Analysis
- Biology for Engineers
- Material Science
- Principles of Environmental Science
- Basic Civil Engineering
- Basics Electrical Engineering
- Basics Electronic Engineering
- Basics of Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics
- Programming Using MATLAB
- Physics Laboratory
- Chemistry laboratory
- Active Learning Laboratory
- Workshop Practice
- Engineering Graphics
- Numerical Methods
- Electronics and Instrumentation
- Manufacturing Technology
- Fluid Mechanics
- Mechanics of Solid
- Applied Thermal Engineering
- Mechanise and Mechanism
- Computer Aided Design and Analysis
- Electronics and Instrumentation laboratory
- Manufacturing Process Laboratory
- Fluid Dynamics Laboratory
- Strength of Material Laboratory
- Computer Aided Design Laboratory
- Manufacturing and Assembly Drawing
- Fluid Power Control
- Elements of Mechotronics
- Gas Dynamics and Space Propulsion
- Material Technology
- Heat and Mas Transfer
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Fundamentals of Vibration and Noise
- Economics and Principles Management
- Metrology and Quality Control
- Design Transmission System
- Dynamics of Behavioural science in Industry
- Environmental science and Engineering
- Neural Network and Fuzzy logic systems
Some of the colleges/Universities do offer language classes to help students learn International language. Colleges/Universities offer projects to enhance the practical skills of engineering students.
What do I do after my B. E in Mechanical Engineering?
Engineering offers a wide range job opportunities, some of the students do go for higher studies like M. Tech or Master in Engineering. However an engineer has plenty of options, you could get placed in one of these industries depending upon your score and how well you do in interviews. These are some of the industries where engineers are placed Outsourcing, consulting firms, manufacturing industries, energy, communication, retail, electronics, education, marketing, construction, media & e-commerce.
- In simple language automobile engineering is a field of study that applies the principles of physics, electronics, mechanical engineering, material engineering into design and developing automotive vehicles. Automotive engineering and mechanical engineering overlaps in some areas. Automobile engineering more goes into specifics of energy efficiency and safety along with interior…
- The B. M. Sreenivasaiah College of Engineering, is one of the most reputed engineering college in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. Popularly known as "BMS", though a private Engineering college, it is partially funded by the Government of Karnataka. It has the largest student population of engineering colleges in Karnataka, drawing students…
- Programs Offered: Under Graduate B.E. Computer Science and Engineering B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering B.E. Information Science and Engineering B.E. Mechanical Engineering Location: Vasanthpura, Doddakalasandra, Kanakapura Road, Bangalore, Karnataka Contact: Tel: 080 2256 0313 Email: email@example.com Web: www.cityengineeringcollege.org
- Programs Offered: Under Graduate B.E. Civil Engineering B.E. Computer Science and Engineering B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering B.E. Mechanical Engineering Location: Kodathi, Off Bangalore - Sarjapur Road, Bangalore East Taluk, Bangalore - 560 035 . Contact: Principal: 080 2843 9686, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.btibangalore.org