Master of Business administration is two-year full time course spread is four semester. The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is an internationally-recognized degree designed to develop the skills required for careers in business and management. The value of the MBA, however, is not limited strictly to the business world.Students gain required skills to deal with administration in business, industry, public system and the government.
MBA-marketing career requires a multi-faceted knowledge of products, services, consumers and whole lot of supply chain process. Students need excellent analytical skills to plan and implement marketing strategies as the means for achieving an organization’s objectives, also need to understand and interpret the market needs into business. The career options in marketing are very versatile. The verticals are almost every area in the realm of businesses and can range from automotive, aerospace, engineering, manufacturing, advertising, IT, Finance related consulting, service and product areas, brand management, media of all forms, marketing research, promotions, direct marketing, sales and operations, retail, logistics, so on an so forth.
Why should I opt for MBA?
There are lot of reason why students opt for MBA. MBA helps students to acquire the skills required to manage workforce, understand business, and work strategically with wide range of teams. Any students who has a Master degree gets paid more, and it enhances the chances of career growth. In any organization if you want hold an executive or a senior post companies expect candidates have an MBA.
MBA provides necessary knowledge, skills, values and attitudes to occupy positions of management and administration in business, industry, public and government organizations. It also imparts/ develops the right kind of values and attitude to function effectively in managerial/ administrative positions.
- Strong creative ability
- Exceptional communication skills and fluency of language
- Team responsiveness skills and able to work with others
- Self driven and motivational abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written, verbal skills
- Collateral and document preparation skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Good planning and organizing ability
- Results-oriented and timeliness
In addition to the skills, knowledge and abilities gained through the curriculum and course study, the need to acquire career related work experience is also important. Find some related occupation that a marketing professional can make choice out:
|Account Executive/ Manager||Advertising Sales / Marketing||Business Development|
|Brand Management||Business Research||Business Consulting|
|Business Process Consulting||Business-to-Business Marketing||Consumer Product Sales|
|Consumer behavior Research||Customer Relations/Support||Direct Marketing|
|Direct ResponseMarketing||Distribution Channel Management||Events Planning& Management|
|Financial Services/product Sales||Retail Management||Services Marketing|
|Store Management Marketing||Media Buyer / Planner||Hospitality Management|
|Industrial Sales||International Marketing||Logistics Management|
|Market Research||Market Analytics||Marketing Models and Systems|
|New Product Planning||Product Management||Program Management|
|Pre-Sales||Product Promotions Purchasing/Procurement||Retail Sales and Marketing|
|Sales and Marketing||Sales and Operations||Public Relations|
MBA in Syllabus: (Note this is not the exhaustive list. The syllabus sometimes may vary depending upon the college and university).
- Organization structure and management
- Organization behaviour
- Managerial economics
- Quantitative techniques
- Basics of financial accounting
- IT for managers
- Communicative English
- Marketing management
- Financial management
- Human resource management
- Production and operations management
- Business communication
- Cost and management consulting
- Business and corporate law
- Entrepreneurship and management of SME
- Strategic management
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Product Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- Advertising Management and Sales Promotion
- Service marketing
- Sales Management
- Rural Marketing
- Retail Management
- Global marketing research
- Multinational, Industrial and Agricultural Marketing
There are wide ranges of projects which are conducted to understand the business. These projects give students a practical knowledge of handling business well.
The Entry Criteria:
To enrol in MBA each college and university has their own set of criteria’s however listed below are some of them.
- A Candidate should be a graduate or a post graduate from a statutory university with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks. Students appearing in their final year degree examination can apply but their admission will be subject to obtaining a minimum of 50% marks overall at qualifying exam before August, 2014.
- Most out of Universities and colleges have their own in-house written exams. Based on the scores of written exams + weights of difference and work experience Final list will be published.
Learning Modes and Preparation
Taking up the career with some of the mentioned occupation, some of the tips to be followed are
- Discuss with the Career Counselor
- Interact with the mentor, guide and professors
- Read the books related to these fields in our library and also find information with our career resources
- Converse with individuals working in the field
- Get in touch with related professional associations
- Obtain an internship in a field of interest
What should I do after completing my MBA?
It depends upon students, it offers wide range career option, students are employed in wide range of industries worldwide including, outsourcing, consulting firms, manufacturing industries, energy, communication, retail, electronics, education, marketing, construction, media & e-commerce.
Colleges have placement cell and they will have companies visiting them on the last semester, good guys always end up working in some companies in the end.
- About Masters in International Business - MIB Top 10 Colleges For Masters in International Business in Bangalore 1. Â International Academy for Management and Entrepreneurship 2. Â The Oxford College of Business Management 3.Â Koshy's College 4. Indian Academy 5. Christ College 6. St. Joseph's Academy of Business Administration Â Â
- Introduction What Will I Learn What Skills Will I Gain Knowing Yourself Choosing the Major Subject in MBA Study Plan through MBA Introduction Welcome to the Career Advice of EDU-MIRCHI, We help MBA’s connect to their future providing an expert guidance and empower your success. EDU-MIRCHI focuses on Management studies…
- MBA-HR career requires sensitivity to human needs and development. The HR professionals have to understand the grooming, nurturing and also enabling the human capital and prove their net worth which encompass in all the field wherever the task of development are involved. The qualities for the HR are way beyond…
- Master of Business administration is two-year full time course spread is four semester. The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is an internationally-recognized degree designed to develop the skills required for careers in business and management. The value of the MBA, however, is not limited strictly to the business world. Students…
- Master of Business administration is two-year full time course spread is four semester. The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is an internationally-recognized degree designed to develop the skills required for careers in business and management. The value of the MBA, however, is not limited strictly to the business world.Students gain…