Karnataka Finally Nominates Representatives for BU Syndicate
BENGALURU: The state government has finally nominated its representatives to the Bangalore University syndicate on Monday. The posts were vacant for two years.
The file, which was pending before the Chief Minister since several months, was cleared on Sunday and sent to the Higher Education Department for official orders on Monday. Sources in the CM’s office and the Higher Education Department told Express that the nominated members are: B G Ravikumar, Vijay Kumar Simha N, Jayanna (Malavalli Jayanna), Daneal Fernandese (Daniel Fernandez), Manjunath K R and Nafiz Fatima.
The then Higher Education Minister R V Deshpande had removed all Syndicate members appointed by the previous BJP government in the state’s universities in June 2013. The removed members then moved the High Court against the decision, but the court ruled against them.
Few months ago, the government nominated it’s representatives to most universities, except Bangalore university, University of Mysore and Karnatak University, Dharwad. On Sunday the Chief Minister cleared the names for Bangalore University.
About 200 to 350 people had applied to be nominated as Syndicate members and a majority of the applications came with recommendation/reference letters from MLAs, MPs, community leaders, according to sources.
Role of Syndicate Members
Though the role of government nominees in the syndicates is not clearly stated in the Karnataka State Universities Act (2000), many people wish to become a member mainly because of the close association with affiliated colleges and the university.
The appointed members will get opportunities to head Local Inquiry Committees (LIC) which play an important role in renewal of affiliation and increasing intake of affiliated colleges. Members will also be heads of many committees setup by their universities.
However, there are also allegations of corruption against many syndicate members across universities.
V-C Miffed Over List
Meanwhile, sources say Bangalore University authorities are unhappy over some of the names recommended by the government. It is said that there are allegations against some of the nominees. Highly placed sources said Vice-Chancellor Dr B Thimme Gowda will write to the Chief Minister about the allegations along with the reports sent to Higher Education Department.
Source : New Indian Express
- Top Universities in Bangalore Bangalore University State Government University: Bangalore University is a public state university located in city of Bangalore in the state of Karnataka. It is abbreviated as "BU" (Bangalore University) .The University is one of the oldest in India, dating back to 1886. Bangalore University offers Integrated…
- Private universities are formed by trust formed by private individuals. These universities come to exist through an act passed by respective state government for example, Reva University, Bangalore. Deemed universities are institutes declared as deemed-to-be-university. This can be either private or government institute. For example Christ University is a privately…
- Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College is located in Moodabidr, South Canara. College was established in 1996 by Alva’s Education Foundation. The institution is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health sciences (RGUHS), Karnataka, Bangalore and approved by Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM), New Delhi. College is offering both Bachelors and…
- About us PES was established in 1972 at Bangalore, the Silicon Valley of India. PES is focused on four main educational areas: Engineering, Medicine, Management and Life Sciences. The institutions offer both foundation courses in these areas, as well as specialization with a Bachelors/ Master/ PhD Degree. The success of…
- B.L.D.E. University Bijapur, Karantaka www.bldeuniversity.org Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore,Karnataka www.iisc.ernet.in Christ University Hosur Road, Bangalore-560029 Karnataka www.christuniversity.in International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore, (IIIT-B) Karnataka No26/C, Electronics City, Hosur Rd. Bangalore-560100 www.iiitb.ac.in Jagadgura Sri Shivarathreeswara University JSS Medical Institution Campus, Sri ShivarathreeshwaraNagara, Mysore-570015, Karnataka www.jssuni.edu.in Jawaharlal Nehru Centre…
Tags: bangalore university